What is Project JumpStart?
- JumpStart is a 14 week (29 classes) pre-apprenticeship construction training program
- Classes are held 2 days a week from 6pm-9pm
- Classes include certifications in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 safety training
- Skills training includes: construction math and measurement, entry-level electrical, plumbing and carpentry training
- You can earn $25 a class if you are: on-time, present for the entire class, and follow the policies of the program
- You will receive benefits screening, access to your credit scores and reports, one-on-one case management, assistance with budgeting, and in-depth financial education
- Graduates from the program will get assistance with job placement in the construction field
How to apply to Project JumpStart
- You must be a Baltimore City Resident
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- You must be physically able to work in construction
- Pass a drug test if selected for an interview
To get started:
To learn more about the program, please attend the virtual Project JumpStart information session. The information sessions are announced and conducted on Facebook Live through the Project JumpStart Facebook page.
Jimmy Stewart | 410-821-0351 | Ext. 115